Thursday, November 20, 2008

7th Sem.... A quick update !

I have been desperately trying to find time to update my blog, which i haven't done from a long time due to time constraint. I come back strongly now with a whole lot of updates which has pushed me into hibernation from the blogging part of me.
4th and final yr of my undergraduate study has speedened up my search for various career options in the way keeping me running on my toes all the time. I couldn't find time to be in touch with long lost friends. The schedule was so busy and hectic, finally now i breathe a sigh of relief and have get down to the business of updating my blog.
This semester especially has a lot of things which i need to put them on the blog, which i would eventually do.
Sports:
Starting of, we had the 44th Inter IIT Aquatics Meet held in Madras this yr. As it was our home ground, we had to be at our best. To ensure we are the best, we had a few water polo matches with the local college, under the banner of "Sportsfest". Though there were just 4 teams, victory was evident to us from the start. We had an opportunity to play with the Tamil Nadu swimming sensation Balasubramanyian. Though he was a great swimmer, particularly acing in the back stroke, we showed him/them our place when it comes to water polo.
In this context i would like to quote something from the Spinfo, our sports update magazine.
"What do you call something that can swim at great speeds, has razor sharp teeth and can sense a drop of blood in a radius of about 3000 yards? You call it a Shark. What do you call someone who can pass the ball the size of a basket ball single handedly with amazing accuracy, confuse an opponent, bamboozle the keeper and get the ball in the goal before you can say whatchamacallit? You call him a shark too. " For the people who are unaware, we at IIT Madras, proudly call ourselves " The Madras Sharks" , and i am so proud to be one [:)].
And coming finally, to the Inter IIT Aquatics, we took the lead from the start and remained the champions in the water polo events. This was to the side of my sports. I think i had retired from institute competitive swimming. But i would be back when the situation demands, once again taking up the position for what i was made for, The Madras Shark.
The day we wont the championship we had called for a party. All drink and nothing else. We sat down on the Tapti Roof Top with 2lts of Vodka and Whisky. I gulped down, don't know how many pegs, but finally i ended up too high. Then comes the big f$#ker, Tattu, treating us to a cheap local vodka, and two pegs of that has sent everyone puking all over the place. This was a sad finish to the wonderful party. Nevertheless we had a great time. That was one night i would remember, firstly because that was the championship i won as the last Inter IIT, secondly because, i gave up drinking from that day.
Courses:
Phew ! This was one painful aspect in this semester. The final semester with painful courses, unwanted assignments, boring lectures, ugly profs, what not at. But i have endured it all. Would remain silent and not comment any more on this section of the update.
BTP:
Only two weeks in to the semester has made me realise how arbit and tough a project i have chosen for my final yr dissertation. Nothing much to describe the project details, as much wouldn't be in layman terms. So skipping to the part of mid term reviews. That was one nightmare. I was arbitly raped and questioned. I have done a lot of work for my BTP and i end up being fool before a prof, that too not from the same department. Anyway that was one hell of an experience. I think, That's it.
CAT:
This was one more update. Hmmm, finally awaiting the results. Not performed as bad as i think i would. Nevertheless, i would tell you an incident that happened between a close chum of mine on the night before the CAT exam. Well here he was, wishing me luck. I was watching a movie then. I had no serious prep for whatsoever reasons this entire semester. I have seen people, my friends, mug for CAT. So i told this guy, " Tomorrow, its going to be a rape ! People who prepared are ready to fight against the rape they would be put to, but in my case, Dude, chill, i will fall back and relax and will enjoy the rape." This answer chocked the guy. Well anyway things aside, this was one thing on my mind that continually pestered me. So the next day after the exam, i had no hopes of either getting calls or not, i am not bothered anymore. I am free from one obligation placed on me.
Placement:
Not too serious about this. Would end up somewhere. Someone somewhere has to take me for sure. I am too humble for this part. Don't think of me as a fool. The next update would clear you of all doubts.
App:
Hmmm.... This is it. This is what has kept me busy till now. MS applications to different universities, filling up the applications, downloading the concerned material, forms and then running around profs for recos, transcripts, financial statements. Everything moved at their own pace to give me my own share of tensions and mind blocks. Well thanks to everyone, i have finally taking relief that the whole process is over now, just waiting for my admits. Completely banking upon this option, firstly because, i have decided to go for this at any cost, secondly because i am getting 4 pretty decent recos from the stud profs in my department. So, keeping my fingers crossed and waiting with bathed breath.

Well all this is just a brief update, and i am sure i will come up with detailed updates for each part once i get free from all obligations of this demanding semester.

2 comments:

Buy Contact Lenses said...

Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

GST Impact Analysis said...

It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.