Tuesday, October 24, 2006


Waterpolo-My passion !

Waterpolo, the ultimate sport is what i call that because i am a waterpolo player.
Shown beside is our Bronze winning team in Inter IIT meet at Guwahathi.
From left in standing r:-
1B,Tarun,Dopa,IDR,Vibhu,Busty,Lunar,C-Lay,Chans,me(drac),harry,Mr.Johnson,Reddy sir and the blacky is VD.
Well it all started off in my first year first semester. I am from Tapti hostel and that has made all the difference. The one hostel in IITM which boasts of its waterpolo team which is one of the best in the Insti.The legacy is passed on from one to another and in the same way i have been passed the legacy of keeping up the best waterpolo team by my senior gods.
First i was pained a lot, had to practice for 3 hours at a stretch for a match of mere 45 min and that really helped me a lot afterwards.
I practiced regularly for a place in my hostel team. For that i know how much i swam , how much i practiced in the pool ;) . Well finally it paid dividends like being a very good player of waterpolo. Got into the insti team by second year, went to Guwahathi for Inter IIT Aquatics meet and even scored 3 goals.
Well thats not it, I know i still have lots left in me. Practicing everyday only to make myself more better as a waterpolo player.
Team bonding. Thats the best part of waterpolo and that made me close to seniors like Mudit,Approx, Pimp,Lunar,Vibhu, Harry and many others to name a few. They made a player out of Drac..i thank them all now that i look back and see where i have started and where am i now.. :)
Being a water polo player i can say tat ur maturity level is at max. polo players are well aware of the worl n are fearless.
Unlike most of other games, waterpolo needs a combination of strength, speed, intelligence & creativeness to be a good waterpolo players. You become a great personality in your overall life if you can absorb any three of these qualities in you. And that's the best part of being a waterpolo player.

No comments: