Saturday, March 08, 2008

Voice of the Hero !!!....

Inter Hostel water polo matches....I being a Taptian, am required to keep up the legacy of Tapti's water polo team.But this year with a dearth of players, we couldnt make much history.But people who played for the first time in my team have shown promises of being a good players. We lost all the 3 matches we played.We lost 16-2 with Ganga, 5-3 with Godav and 7-1 with Alak. I have realized that winning isn't all that matters.Giving your best is what matters and the satisfaction thereafter that you have gone down with a fight which all the more matters.Reduced to a one man army battling fierce opponents, with a toll of a muscle pull on my right hand, i have realized i have given all that i have, and the people who have played against me too know that.
Shooting from midfield, breaking 3-4 defenders, playing fouls and a lot more was the order in the match.There was no other option for me but to persist even when i know i would go down.But everything was worth it.Eventually i ended up scoring all the goals my team has ever scored.This is just not bragging.People who have played against me and who are reading this post know for sure, i was the one to look out for in the matches.As dangerous as a shark. ;) Nevertheless all has ended and everything was fair in the end.Busty and my fellow team mates have given their best.
I have learnt to persist, to fight, to conquer and to understand. If not as good as to be compared to a Spartan to fight against a whole Persian army, my situation was somewhat on those lines.With a team comprising of novices and amateurs, we played against the best hostel teams and we played for our satisfaction and fun.There will be a long gap between the next Tapti gold medal in water polo, but eventually it will happen. After all the Madras Sharks were born in Tapti.The legacy will be continued, passing from my hands to my juniors, hoping they will have interest in keeping Tapti Water polo team alive with new horizons of hope. The other waterpolo teams out there, watch out for us, and dont write us off, if not in a year, in the year to come, we will be back with a bang to clinch what was once ours....

Obsessions and fixations are not really my field. All I know, when the mind really grabs hold of something, look out.

Life only demands from you the strength you possess. Only one feat is possible - not to have run away.And i have not runaway, but choose to fight and go down, with a feeling that i have given a tough time to my opponents before finishing the game......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have realized that winning isn't all that matters.".......great..... u talk like a loser nowadays...OH... I AM SORRY..NOT LIKE A LOSER?..."YOU ARE A LOSER"..

Drac- Shyam said...

@Anonymous.... hehehehe...fine looser i am..any difference to you..u r winner??congrats..hehehhe get a life anonymous..dont have enough guts to put on a name and leave comment..hhahahaha...thoroughly enjoying....

Anonymous said...

hahahaha...look who's talking about guts now......