Sunday, April 06, 2008

Triathlon

This was my third year and third time i am participating in an event called Triathlon. This event would require all the stamina and energy your body can possibly provide to you.There is sheer joy in just completing the race,but there is happiness unbounded if you finish it in the top 5 places.This year was no different except that i was the captain, and i had to honor my captaincy.With that sole perception in my mind and a "I play to win" attitude i bettered my position, won a silver and that was it.Heaven.Hell.Heaven because i finished it with an impressive performance and hell because i was so dead tired after the 45:20:45 minutes of complete exhaustion.
For the novices, Triathlon in IIT Madras is an event consisting of 500m swimming,8 km of cycling and 3.3 km of running, at a stretch and without a break. Early morning 6:15 the event started and i was swimming.I suddenly realize my thigh muscles stiffen, i was having pain in my muscles and then out of the blue my strength in the arms was sapping out. I was so desperate to fight. Just relaxed my mind and let my body do the working.It went on, as if it was infinite time..Finally finished swimming and came out with my swimsuit and put on my shorts, shoes and got a crash helmet on my head and started cycling.There were people who already were ahead of me.I did cycling slowly but steadily.Finally got some lead and maintained it to the end.Running was the most difficult part, with no energy left and legs unable to carry my body weight i slowly trudged on and on....and as people say, rest was history. won my silver medal for the 3rd consecutive time.[:)] And i still have got my final year to take one more chance for this IIT lifetime.
It was sheer joy on completing and winning.
Dwelling in that joy for today....[:)]
signing off...

No comments: